UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 Subject - Coming out

+26
Benjamin BACARIA
grammont.theo
Benjamin Paultes
Vince Lepine
LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen
Fusiller Simon
TAMANG Andréas
Pitat
Gaëtan Debien
emma bony
VINIANE Méline
Hugo Seugnet
Marcuccini Luigi
Océane Martin
djibril17
Gaspard Pouzin
margotgregoire
Enzo Bourgeaux
Nathan Raveraud
Sandro Appiotti
Gaël
TIRET Cédric
Clementrodrigues
sriffa01
Ribault Geoffrey
Admin
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 4 Subject - Coming out Empty Week 4 Subject - Coming out

Post by Admin Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:27 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49876872

Coming out is the expression used when a non-heterosexual lets the world know that they are gay/lesbian. What are your thoughts about celebrities coming out? Why do you think it is so difficult? Do you think that it is easier for a singer than a footballer? Does it make a difference?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Subject - Coming out Empty Re: Week 4 Subject - Coming out

Post by Ribault Geoffrey Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Nowadays there are more and more coming out because laws have changed and now the homosexual marriages are admitted in several countries. However, minds have also changed recently and I think that is why people can admit more easily their own sexual attractions. Celebrities coming out can worldwide help people in need by making the homosexual topic less frowned upon and more common. Obviously, that also causes tensions because some people are homophobic or are just embarrassed when looking at homosexuals. As I said minds and customs rule our behaviour and I think, that is why for most people, it will be harder to admit a footballer as a homosexual than a singer or a dancer.

Ribault Geoffrey

Back to top Go down

Post by sriffa01 Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Today, the number of people coming out has increased significantly compared to the 90s, for example. We can explain this by the celebrity example. In fact, celebrities coming out appear in public, which can allow people wanting to come out not to be ashamed. Should he have a difference between a singer or a football player? I don’t see why, there is no difference between each person. Everyone has the right to come out.

sriffa01

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementrodrigues Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 am

Today I think it's not necessary for the celebrities because they are considered as a public person, so their private lives do not concern us or I think if a singer coming out I do not think it's easier for a footballer only for a singer and conversely however it depends on the community that follow him

Sent from Topic'it App
Clementrodrigues
Clementrodrigues

Back to top Go down

Post by TIRET Cédric Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:08 am

I think for everybody it's very difficult to do a coming out because this would say " you are different " and many person are terrified by that. I don't think it is more easier for a singer than a footballer or teacher or other people, this is just according to the environment.

TIRET Cédric

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaël Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:22 am

I think it takes courage to announce this to the world. Yes, that must be hard, because on the street it doesn’t necessarily look good. It’s easier for a footballer because when he is in the field he is judged on his performance and not on his private life.

Gaël

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandro Appiotti Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:30 am

For your information, there is not a lot of football players who did a coming out, I d'ont know if it's because it's frowned upon or if there is not a lot of gay's football player...
Recently the mildfider of Chelsea who has the same name than my little brother did his coming out! I'm talking about Ruben Loftus cheek, the england player. He was supported by his teammmates like Hzard

Sandro Appiotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Raveraud Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:30 pm

I think that the coming out should not be difficult for people but it is actually difficult because people are judging too much each others and the homosexual people are still badly seen by homophobic people and that is very sad. But I think things are changing and people are getting more and more open-minded. I think that I would not be easier for a footballer than a singer, It depend on the character of the person and his environnement.

Nathan Raveraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Bourgeaux Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:58 pm

Well, first i wanted to say that i’m not against eclecticism. Nowadays, there are a lot of ways of thinking and this one particularly is growing up quickly. I think it’s a way of life which is taking more and more scope at an international scale. In my mind it’s quite hard for celebrities to let the world know your homosexuality, knowing the consequences of this act. In fact, those kind of persons are appealing a lot of hate and aversion about other persons which are considered as “normal”. Of course it’s easier for singer that footballer, cause the environment and mentalities are different, but there are clearly no differences between both.

Enzo Bourgeaux

Back to top Go down

Post by margotgregoire Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:54 am

Coming out refers to the voluntary announcement of a sexual orientation or a gender identity to those around him.

The expression "coming out" comes from the English verb "to come out", which means "out of". But to get out of what? The "closet", the place where we "hide", where we hide his desire, where we take refuge because we are afraid of what could happen if we reveal that we are lesbian, gay, bi or trans

margotgregoire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:06 pm

hello Mr Cox
the coming out is a very difficult step for people who have to admit their homosexuality because today there is still some taboo with homosexuality because of people who are not open-minded. the famous people are more difficult because they fear the judgment of others and this is understandable because they seek to be helped understand and to be happy

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by djibril17 Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:15 pm

So in my opinion i think it's difficult for a celebrities to announce their homosexuality , because of the mentality of people , there are a lot of people who think that a man should love a woman but for me it does not matter. I dont think it's easier for a singer than a footballer. Indeed for me it depend of the person , there are person who don't care about the other where as there are the other part , there are afraid to be judged by other.
To conclude , people should be free to love who they want to love.

djibril17

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Martin Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:56 pm

I think all celebrities coming out are brave, we can't say that it's more or less difficult for a singer than a footballer, it depends on the person. However, it's sure that it's not easy because they are exhibited at the world, and people will criticize when they disegree with the way of thinking or behaviour. Today, there are still too much homophobics behaviours, and it's for that people are scared to coming out.

Océane Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:21 pm

I think that, being a star or not being a star doesn't make coming out any easier to say. Celebrity's coming out are confronted to their fans who for the most of them will not change their opinion, but may also be confronted with homophobic people who will not understand the reason of their coming out. I think that nowadays, despite the increase of coming out, a large part of the population does not see homosexuality in a positive light, whereas everyone is free to love whoever they want, and to show it to others.

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seugnet Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:58 am

This is probably the most boring subject of all time. I think that it's not a simple thing to do his coming out because in all society be homosexual is a sensitive subject. You can be a celebrity (footballer or singer) or an English teacher, this will be the same thing, you will be judged about personne who are homophic. I disagree with theses person, you can do what ever you want and if you want to be homosexual, you can

Hugo Seugnet

Back to top Go down

Post by VINIANE Méline Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:47 pm

I think it's not easy to announce a coming-out to someone or to the whole world, that we are different in the sense that we do not rely on traditions. We must expect to undergo multiple judgments when we announce that we love a person of the same sex as us, because it generally generates disagreements. Nevertheless with regard to the stars, this can be a double-edged sword. For example it can create a great controversy or on the contrary a huge buzz.
However, stars or not I think it is very complicated to make such an announcement.

VINIANE Méline

Back to top Go down

Post by emma bony Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:52 am

COMING OUT
Coming out first what it is ? It's when one announces publicy or with one's relatives that one likes people of the same sex as oneself. I find it harder to admit and say that we are different from the norm imposed by society. It's even more difficult to announce to his family this new because the parents don't always acept well the choice of their child and decide even sometimes to cut any contact. Some dn't prefer to talk about it and others choose to assume it. For my part, I think that everyone is free to do what he wants and to love who he wishes. Who are we to judge others and choose in their place what is good for them ? Many singers have declared in the open their homosexuality I find it easier for them because others have done it before.For footballers on the other hand, I think this announcement remains complicated because they all change together in the locker room and can pose a problem for others. The eyes of the teammates will change and this announcement could jeopardize his place in the team (in the head of some of course).

emma bony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:20 am

Hugo Seugnet wrote:This is probably the most boring subject of all time. I think that it's not a simple thing to do his coming out because in all society be homosexual is a sensitive subject. You can be a celebrity (footballer or singer) or an English teacher, this will be the same thing, you will be judged about personne who are homophic. I disagree with theses person, you can do what ever you want and if you want to be homosexual, you can

yeah, let's stick to talking about Netflix being an online streaming service. You disagree with homophobic people but you live in a world where people can't publically admit they are gay etc... How many people admit to be gay in your sport's team? What are you doing about it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Debien Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:50 am

Coming out shouldn't be difficult. We have luck to be in a transition generation. However, we have still people that have fear to homosexuality. The main difficulty is the ignorance. We Don't know the reaction of others people except our close. And we can be surprise. The homophobia is old, and it's enter in the culture. Now, our role is to remove this. The coming out is equally difficult.

Gaëtan Debien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitat Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:04 pm

I think it can be difficult because of peolpe's reactions but there are peoples where we can know before that they say their coming out thanks to their manias or body language so it's not a surprise for their. There can be affraid because of reaction's parents because some parents drop their chil for that. It's not their fault if they prefer woman or men but I hope it's not a current mode because we see many homosexual relation in the film or pub etc now.

Pitat

Back to top Go down

Post by TAMANG Andréas Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Talking about sex in public is always a big problem, we can see a lot of discrimination, we leave in a world where we can’t accept new things before a long time. Gay relation wasn’t a problem in the Roman empire but now with the cultural chretian religion ou muslim etc it’s look unatural. For all of this it’s difficult for the stars who are like models for everybody to show this difference, they have to be like the most of the people (heterosexual) and be a representation of perfection

TAMANG Andréas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fusiller Simon Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:28 pm

Today doing it to make your comming out seems to be the same for everyone, whether the person is a footballer, singer or a person not at all known. Homosexuality is more and more accepted in the heads which allows to let these people express themselves in all serenity.

Fusiller Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 pm

Coming out is the subject of much controversy between those who do not accept this personality and others who want to express their sexual orientation. The problem of famous people when they announce their coming out is that they become the fair animal of the press and comments often not aggresive of the public. Even today a question arises: are homosexuals entitled to PMA? The answer is simple, they have not chosen to be what they are so they have the right to access the PMA as for "normal" people who can not have children.

LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Lepine Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:30 pm

It's a subject a little bit sensitive and for me it's a good things that celebrities speak about that because the celebrities can speak has a lot of people and broke the prejuged and change the mindset of this. It's difficult because in the society the difference make scare and when the people are scared they are aggressive, in the sport the subject of homosexuality is difficult beacause the predjuged are very anchored in the mentality but that change and i hope in the future a coming out will be simple.

Vince Lepine

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Paultes Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:04 am

The coming out allows the person who performs it to feel good, to feel herself. I think that some should do it in our class even if this subject is taboo in our society

Benjamin Paultes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next