UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First topic

+46
Amélie Berton
Valentin Coune
lucas thibaudeau
rbailier
Sarah Blanchard-Wall
Damien Charlet
Antoine Olivier
BLAIS Antonin
ROSSARD Rachel
Okota Shafali Audrey
Ornella
Suzanne Zhou
Léa martineau
Mathilde Rigagneau
thomas sauzet1
Tsiry A. Rakotomanana
K.Pellé
Alexandra-Cristina IONITA
Romain Muzzolini
Vairon Flavien
Zuzana Ovčiariková
BALDE Mamadou bobo
Graziella Meunier
Jade Candela
Bouras valentin
Gabriel Jeanneau
Hanane Lemrabott
CHANG ZHANG
wang xinwen
Laura Boutant
Anthony Deneau
Eliška Pramuková
Jana Lopušná
Justin Chiron
SUN YINGYU
WEI DAI
Jana Fendeková
Pierre Laurend
Julien Micard
Nathanaël Boucher
Arnaud Guicheteau
Anja.Metz
juliette cazin1
Yu wenshun
Aline Chérasse
Admin
50 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

First topic - Page 3 Empty First topic

Post by Sarah Blanchard-Wall Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:40 pm

First, I think that the problem of refugees / migrants is a problem that requires an international cooperation.
One or more countries can only assume this responsibility.
We are in a globalized economy where cooperation and peace are promoted between countries. So we must share problems and find solutions together.

Secondly, Europeans are directly affected by the arrival of these refugees. But why Europe should be the only ones to receive these refugees?
And it's known that the arrival of these migrants will have consequences, an economic impact on these countries... as well as social problems.
Therefore, it seems that a division of refugees between countries is necessary, depending on the existing population.
For example, countries like Germany with demographic problems, an aging population will be able to welcome more migrant. And in the same time solves their internal problems.

It would then set up a system of financial aid at international level to garentir immediately a security and a decent life for all these people. Each country would participate in the height of his resources.

Furthermore, it is "logical" that migrants want to go to countries such as Germany, England or France because economically, they are not so bad. They therefore represent a better chance for them.
However, limits and strict rules must be established at international level. These countries can not accommodate ALL migrants ... otherwise everyone closes its borders... and refugees are leave alone and they must find a solution themselves!

The subject of migrants is very complex because there is no real solution. We must find the least bad solution for all refugees, countries and individuals.

Sarah Blanchard-Wall

Back to top Go down

First topic - Page 3 Empty Re: First topic

Post by rbailier Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:34 am

Hi everybody !
I don't know politics for acces to the health in other country but I think it's one of the reasons immigrants choose West European Countries as Eastern European Countries. Indeed in France they would be help in hospital if they've sick for example thanks to the social security.
One other reason is that refugees or migrants don't have enougth money to "travel" in a country who's far away like China or USA.
Moreover refugees/migrants know that West European Countries are in the top 10 of biggest "world power" so they think they have their chance to have a better life, a better individual economic situation. Despite of crisis, the wold know that Europe is in a good health in economy, without war so with individual liberty for each European citizens.
Europe is a land of welcome with different goodness, valor like solidarity or fraternity.

rbailier

Back to top Go down

Post by lucas thibaudeau Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 am

Hi, I think everything has been said.

lucas thibaudeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Coune Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:28 am

This topic is really interesting but it's hard to make an objective answer.First of all, migrant came from the Middle East ( Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq,..) and they come to Eastern Europe. Those countries want welcome them but they are not the capacity to do that. Why ? Because some homeless haven't warm place to sleep et live in the street in their own country. So why we welcome them if eastern european countries can't help their own inhabitant.. And, with them, the number of workplace will increase but not the number of jobs so the unemployement rate will rise and it's bad for the economy and growth.

Valentin Coune

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélie Berton Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:43 am

The immigration question… probably an endless debate! The question is really complex, because it implies a lot of issues.

On the one hand, we have to consider that migrants are fleeing their country because of the war. They are looking for security and for better life conditions. In the respect of the human rights, Europe is supposed to welcome them. But, on the other hand, does European countries have the possibility to receive all those refugees?

Governments have to take into account many factors, such as the economic situation, the population opinion, the law, or the cultural barriers for example.

Since the beginning of those waves of migration, European Governments are taking different measures. Yesterday, Denmark was setting up some new naturalisation criteria. Now, candidates for naturalisation will have to face harder requirements. For example, the level of danish language required is now higher than before. It seems like governments want to “protect” their country. Of course, the reaction differs from one country to another, and European countries are affected in different ways by the current immigration.

On September, Manuel Valls delivered a speech about migrants in France and Europe. You can read it on the following link: gouvernement.fr/partage/5504-discours-sur-l-accueil-des-refugies-en-france-et-en-europe-a-l-assemblee-nationale
Something hold my attention in his talk. The reflexion about migrants is not just about finding a way to host the refugees. It is also about finding a solution to improve the situation in their origin countries, because the problem comes from there.

By now, no real solution has be found, neither here nor there. But for sure, Europe has to play a role. European countries have to cooperate, to discuss the migrants issue together in order to improve the situation. And I’m talking about Europe, but maybe we can consider other continents. For example, the USA are intervening in the Syrian crisis for many years. Don’t you think it is also their responsibility to handle this migrant issue?

Amélie Berton

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:09 pm

lucas thibaudeau wrote:Hi, I think everything has been said.

Well that won't get you a mark will it? Shocked

You should either have posted earlier or thought of another angle to look at the situation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Amélie Berton wrote: the USA are intervening in the Syrian crisis for many years. Don’t you think it is also their responsibility to handle this migrant issue?

I do.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Savariau Audrey Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:37 pm

I think this problem is really complex, such as all geopolitical problem. For my opinion it's a duty that richest countries has helped refugees, they just hopes to find a better life for them and their children..
But I don't understand why this problem has mainly concerned European countries ? Because I'm not sure that we have sufficient resources to help all of them. To my opinion we don't have to forget that poor people's lives into our countries.
They can be a good solution to increase growth of economy such as In Germany, Spain, Portugal because they have a negative birth rate so entrance of refugees stabilize their able working population. In France we have a positive birth rate with a lot of unemployment in welcoming many refugees I'm afraid for our economy situation..
Further, we have two completely opposite culture and religion and it may cause problems across the European countries.
In these conditions, richest countries, internationals organizations have to regulate the situation in this kind of countries.

Savariau Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ina Tiganas Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:06 pm

The European refugee problem is slowly but steadily shifting Western Europe’s momentum to a direction which exacerbates  the social, political and economic issues Europe was already facing.

These developments from start to shape the increasing prudence of Europeans, already notorious for being suspicious and reserved abroad. It is not hard to see that many Europeans (many of us ) think of some refugees to be using the humanitarian crisis as a pretext to continue their religious war in Europe. But some Europeans (some of us) choose to ignore the fact that many of these refugees have sought shelter in their neighboring countries of Liban, Jordan, Turkey with the hope that they will soon be able to come back. If there’s anything to learn now is that having constantly ignored their plight back then and not having chosen a lesser evil from a political point of view, we have to pay a double price now.

Nevertheless, I think these events can serve as an opportunity to show our amiability, and human dignity by helping them. The best weapon against religious dogma and prejudice is through open acts of kindness and global responsibility. To achieve their integration into a better life, we would need an open and responsible administration rather than hateful political speeches.

Ina Tiganas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:52 am

On my opinion we must welcome the migrant because we are firstly earthling.
But, i'm agree to do it with control to avoid excess or something like that.
We can maybe identify which Europe country need more labor force like in Germany for example, and if this country have the capabilities to welcome them. Then, create a refitted area for them like in "District 9" but with better comfort. Gradually, the migrant will be integrate to the local population with some helps from the national government. We can see this situation like a chance, because the migrant bring their culture, their workforce which is good for economy. Also, it's a new demand due to their culture and hobbies.
Moreover, if European government accept to welcome them, our image will be better at international level.
We help them today, so if one day, we will be in the same situation they will help us.

Finally, it will be interesting to follow the consequences to this history migration du to mainly the war.

Kevin G

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:55 am

Ah, Kevin G has arrived. cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement Luciano Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:42 pm

this is the fairytale world, why europe must help them. Where are the Muslim countries in this story, or are the united States. The United States are responsible for the imbalance of the region because of the Iraq war in 2003.
Already it is difficult in terms of housing accommodate why else.

Clement Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3